Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions. But if your question is not listed here or want any other information about Los Salazar, you can call or text Suzie at 714-235-7688.
1. Do you have a minimum of hours?
No. We can even go for just a single song if that’s all you need.
2. How much do you charge?
Our hourly rates range from $300 to $390 (plus possible traveling fees). Here is a rough estimate:
For anything less than 20 minutes (within 15 miles of 92706): $300 For a Single Hour (within 15 miles of 92706): $350 / hour
For two hours or more: $325 / hour
Our rates are on a per event basis. For example, if the trio is performing for two hours at an event that is 45 miles away, the rate would be higher than if it was for the same length only 5 miles away. Every event is different. Distance traveled, day of the week, regular date vs. holiday, time (6am vs. 4pm), etc. All these factors come into play.
3. Do I have to give you a deposit to confirm the booking?
Yes. This is mainly what seals the deal. The booking isn’t confirmed until we have received a deposit.
4.How much is the deposit?
The required deposit is only $50. We use primarily VENMO or ZELLE.
5. Is my deposit refundable?
No. Deposits are non-refundable unless agreed otherwise by both parties. If there’s a special circumstance, talk to us about it; we will do our best to work something out.
6. Do we need to give you a song-list?
No. But you’re welcome to do so if you’d like. However, we strongly suggest for the trio to have the liberty to select the songs since they know which songs are successful (most of the time) and most importantly, appropriate for the ocassion. Nonetheless, the client is the boss. If you insist to give us a song-list, no problem!
7. How much time do you need for set-up?
Our set-up is very quick. If no amplification is required, set-up time is probably less than 1 minute. If amplification is necessary, we use 3 small BOSE speakers (1 for each performer) and 3 microphones. This set-up takes about 5 minutes.
8. Do you guys take breaks? If so, for how long?
Yes. For engagements of two hours or more, the trio usually performs for the 1st full hour and then takes a break of approximately 15 minutes.
9. How many musicians are in the group?
Los Salazar is made up of 3 family members; father, daughter, and son.
10. What instruments do you play?
Rhythm Guitar, Guitarrón (Mariachi Bass), and Requinto (Mexican Lead Guitar); all of the members sing and play an instrument simultaneously. So, you’ll be hearing music from 6 sources; the 3 voices and the 3 instruments.
11. Do you take song-requests on the spot?
Yes. If it’s a traditional Mexican song, odds are we will know it.
12. Do you perform anywhere open to the public?
Not currently due to the worldwide pandemic.
13. Our party will be pretty small. it’ll be at our home; not very many guests. Do you guys do that?
Absolutely! We love intimate settings; in all honesty, these types of settings are our favorite since we can interact with the guests.
14. I’m ready to book. What do you need from me?
Call or text Suzie @ 714 – 235 – 7688 to check our availability. If we’re available, please text us the following information:
- Client First and Last Name
- Day and Date of the Event
- Start and End Time of the Event
- Event Address
- Contact Name and Number(s) on the day of the Event
- A $50 non-refundable deposit via VENMO (to @Carlos-Salazar-53) or ZELLE (to 71 – 235 – 7688).